How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Mansfield smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Mansfield home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Mansfield?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or saved video streams from any connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Mansfield by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Mansfield
Although multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Mansfield smart home. Contact (419) 614-6093 to get started.