Top safety tips for new homeowners in Mansfield
If you purchased your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for your family. You might be considering how you should individualize your residence with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too far, make sure you give thought to home security as well. Keeping your loved ones protected should always be a top priority, and we’ll help you do so with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Mansfield.
Conduct a safety audit of your new Mansfield property
Now that you’re contemplating safety, find out what your new home has in place. First, make certain you have functioning smoke detectors. Try all of them and change batteries if necessary. Do you have CO detectors? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also a smart time to update door locks and inspect all window locks. Go room-by-room and scope out your new home.
Smart security tips for your Mansfield home
Once you’ve completed your opening inspection of safety devices and locking systems, you can look into improving your property’s defense. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Mansfield.
- Opt for a new home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Mansfield can do is install a home security system. Today’s wireless technology allows you to keep a close watch on your home even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You are able to view up-to-the-second video feeds, engage entry locks, and even communicate with visitors on your front steps straight from your smartphone. You can even personalize your defense with incredible security implements such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Update outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights with motion detection are an effective solution in discouraging possible intruders. You might even integrate them with video cameras. When a motion detector is set off, it can instruct your surveillance to record.
- Keep your premises nicely groomed. Do you have an unobstructed view of your property from inside? Are there oversized shrubs and trees impeeding your view? Eliminate possible areas to hide by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will be grateful for it also.
- Make friends with people in your area. One more thing about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you know people close to you, there’s a greater probability they’ll inform you if they detect anything suspicious. You might also connect to your community’s social media page if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an innovative smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by activating smart lighting at predetermined times. This is a great tool when you’re not there.