Tips to cut down on false alarms in Mansfield
False alarms may become a real concern for a home security system. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the trust you have in your installation. Fortunately, you can do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Mansfield home security system.
As the first step, be sure that all components are installed as intended. This process may seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors trigger false alarms. Next, check out possible culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that might be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, feel free to use the various tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Mansfield.
Might it be really that simple? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Mansfield?
When figuring out any issue, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Ensure all your components are installed appropriately from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic with your smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each component to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all integrated smart components are installed properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Call your customer service agent if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Mansfield home. They'll gladly dispatch a tehnician to check your setup.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your configuration appears to be installed properly, the ensuing measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entry point stays unlatched, it may trip a sensor. In the event your family constantly neglects to close an entry point, you might want to install a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows require extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who prefers to sleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to disengage that alarm while protecting the remainder of the property.
Home automation is a great method to cut down on false alarms in Mansfield
One of the smartest techniques to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system deactivate as your smart front door lock is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm when you depart the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Get cell phone updates when your components notice abnormal activity or need a new battery.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Mansfield with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of authority over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, contact (419) 614-6093 or complete the following form.