What should I do when my Mansfield home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the various risks you could experience, like theft, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Mansfield home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often startling, bewildering, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these straightforward tips.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Mansfield Triggers
It’s a circumstance nobody wants to encounter, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency alone but instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Protect your family members. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might include going to a predetermined safe zone as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately scared off the trespasser, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, please exit your residence right away.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. In this day and age, the majority of homeowners carry their phones constantly with them, but you could fail to take it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and get alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Mansfield goes off, your 24-hour monitoring experts will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the type of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency occurs, one effort will be made to contact you before assistance is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most common kind of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the central command panel. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Assistance will still be sent even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Mansfield
Be prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Mansfield from Vivint. Call (419) 614-6093 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.